I love number crunching nearly as much as I love number munching–and most other educational 1990s computer games, to be fair–so I’d like to take a brief reprieve from my typical verbosity and break down my last year in numerals instead.
- 1,048: Miles I ran in 2012, or about the distance from my Manhattan apartment to St. Louis, Missouri. And here I was, thinking I’d make it all the way to Meredith. #HumbleBrag
- 26.6: Longest run of 2012, in miles. This is the final distance my watch read after the Marine Corps Marathon, meaning I look my turns too wide and tacked on a few extra hundred yards before crossing the finish line. And who said I was an underachiever?
- 13,894: RiledUpRunner blog views last year. Thanks, everyone, for the support!
- 12,798: Estimated number of those views that came from my father’s iPad.
- 727: Most blog views in a single day. I reached this impressive tally–coincidentally also the model of my favorite Boeing Co. mid-size narrow-body three-engine jet aircraft–on Nov. 8 after Ashley at HealthyHappierBear featured me in a guest post. I’d suggest checking it out, except I make all the same jokes I always make, so reading it is going to feel a little like déjà vu. Reading it is going to feel a little like déjà vu.
- 58: Countries that visited my blog in 2012. Well, more likely, individuals sitting at computers in those countries, but I can never be sure. It’s possible the state entity of North Korea is an avid reader. What up, Kim Jong-Un?
- 3: Half marathons I ran last year.
- 1: Half marathons I ran last year in the snow.
- 7: A prime number. Thanks, Number Munchers! Watch out for troggles.
- 21: Races I ran in 2012.
- 1: Races I ran in costume in 2012.
- 21: Races I wished I’d run in costume in 2012.
- 4: Readers who stumbled across my blog by searching “dog with captain hat.” I knew I liked you guys.
What number best sums up your 2012?
6 thoughts on “Let Me Count the Ways”
You’re funny, Anne!!
WOW! Congratulations on a great year. Did you have any idea / goal at the beginning of 2012 to run that many miles, or did it happen mostly as part of your ramp up to the marathon? I ran over 500 miles this year, and saw my all-time Nike Plus miles top 1K. It was such a rewarding accomplishment to think about all those miles!
So, what’s next for you? Will you do another 1K this year?
Thank you! 500 is pretty snazzy, too! I’m planning to run my second marathon in 2013, so I think I’ll hit 1,000 again whether or not I aim to. That said, I’m in the market for a new running resolution this year. Ideas? And thanks for reading 🙂
That’s a great summary! A tremendous year of running and blogging. I like that you tracked your miles by type of run.
What was your most surprising country? I got 4 views from Armenia.
I also like the “dog with captain hat” search. I got 4 hits on “road apple award” . Who knew horse poop was so popular?
You’ve got the Armenian vote, huh? I saw a lot of random foot traffic, with visitors from as far-flung as Sudan, Cambodia, Cyprus and … Canada.
Awesome stats!! I also love number crunching AND number munching… so what if I’ve downloaded a number muncher emulator on my PC and play it regularly.
The number I’d use to describe my year was 72… which is the number of days I spent on the bench and unable to run thanks to a broken foot. They made me realize how important the run is to my life in so many ways!